Since 1946, FirstSouthwest has been a trusted leader in public finance and has provided underwriting expertise for municipal clients across the U.S.
During 2012, we underwrote more than $14.79 billion of bank qualified securities.
The diversity of our in-house resources translates into a number of unique benefits for our underwriting clients.
- As of one the largest public financial advisory firms that is also a registered broker-dealer, FirstSouthwest is exposed to a wide variety of underwritings. This provides us a unique perspective and allows us to offer our clients the latest structuring ideas and marketing strategies being employed across all sectors of the market.
- Our distribution network enhances our ability to pre-market and distribute municipal bonds and notes to a wide variety of investor categories, including large institutional investors, regional institutions and high net worth individuals.
- FirstSouthwest is dedicated to the municipal bond market. We are known best for our long history as a leading underwriter or financial advisor to municipalities across the nation. Our capital and resources directly support our municipal trading and underwriting activities, and our management thoroughly understands municipal risk.
Our position as a national leader in public finance enhances our ability to both maintain and expand our distribution network throughout the following investor groups:
- Tier 1 Firms Large institutional investors, including mutual funds, trust departments, large corporations, money managers, and insurance companies. Our prominence in the financial advisory arena provides us with added credibility when selling bonds to these institutions.
- Tier 2 Firms Regional institutions, such as trust departments, smaller corporations and regional banks. Major underwriting firms often overlook these markets, while we are continuing to expand our sales force within this segment.
- Tier 3 Firms Retail, such as high net worth individuals, local money managers, and prime brokers. We continue to expand our sales force within this valuable segment.